“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” // 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Hey guys! I have a little bit of a different blog for you guys this week, (as you can probably tell by the title). We’ll get to that in a minute! First, I want to take a moment to express my thanks to all the men, women, and families who have given their lives for the freedoms we have here in America. On Memorial Day weekend, you are close to our hearts and are in our prayers. We are so, so thankful to each and every one of you. We talk about the price of freedom not being free, and it’s true. Not only is it a beautiful demonstration of love, but a demonstration of the sacrifice Jesus ultimately made for all of our freedoms, for which, we are eternally grateful. May all our military families feel the love, comfort, and closeness of our Lord this weekend, and always.
Alright, with that said, I have some exciting news! I was nominated this past week for the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award by the wonderful Elizabeth Jacobson! She has become a great friend since we first met on the Twitterverse, and runs a great blog built on the Bible and well thought out research. I hope you’ll check out her corner of the blogging world!
The Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award is an unofficial award that was started by Team Ideal Inspiration and is awarded to bloggers by their fellow blogger-peers whose writings they find to be inspiring, and is a recognition of the impact their blogs have on so many lives. Needless to say, it’s an honor to not only be recognized for this award, but to be able to pass on the award to others. The rules are simple, and as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to his/her blog.
- Answer their questions.
- Nominate up to 10 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions.
- Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blogs.
- List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo.
Soooo without further a-do! Let’s get started!
- What made you decide to create a blog focusing on Christian faith? I have always loved to write, and I’ve always loved Jesus. For me, blogging on the Christian life is a way that I can encourage and prayerfully ignite passion to those who are searching for God, have questions about Him, or are dedicated followers looking for encouragement or a boost in their faith. I decided to create my blog to walk hand in hand with those people as we journey along this thing called life.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? I enjoy just writing whatever it is God puts on my heart. I love sitting down and just letting God write through me. It’s rewarding to be used by Him and seeing the finished blog when it’s done.
- What is the hardest thing about blogging? Being consistent! (Insert hands covering monkey’s eyes emjoi here — LOL). It can get discouraging when you put out work and it doesn’t reach the amount of people you hoped it would, and that can sometimes cause the lack of motivation to stay consistent. But it’s important to remember it’s not about the number of people who read the blog, but about the significance it can make in even one person’s life. Even that is worth it!
- What is your hope for your blog? I kind of touched on it in question one, but it’s that it encourages the follower of Jesus to stay committed and deepen their relationship with Him and their passion for Him. It’s also my hope to reach those who are unsure about Him and hopefully introduce them to a God who loves them more than they could ever imagine.
- What is one fun fact about you that you’d be willing to share? I’ve been blogging since high school and have made — and published — and blogged on — probably five different personal websites — eeks! I couldn’t decided on a theme, brand, website host site, or what I wanted to do with the site, and so then I’d just usually start over completely. They’re all still out there and live too (insert monkey covering his eyes emjoi again — double LOL).
This has been so fun, and again I’m so honored to have been nominated for this award! It’s humbling to know God is using my words to make a difference. I would like to nominate the following bloggers for this award. Please check them out!
My questions for them:
- What is the purpose of your blog?
- What do you hope God accomplishes through your blog?
- What is your favorite part of blogging?
- Do you have a favorite article that you’ve written you’d like to share?
- Is there a fun fact about you you’d be willing to share?
Thanks again for joining me this week! I hope my blog always encourages you and pushes you closer to Jesus. It’s all about Him, and it’s an honor to be allowed to link hands with you and walk this journey together!
Until Next Time,
Stephanie Jaye ❤